The National Plant Collections scheme would not be possible without the input of the collections coordinators
They are the link between the Collection Holders and the central organisation. They mentor and advise people who are interested in starting a collection; support new applicants; and ensure that existing collections are maintained to the required standard. They also act as a source of advice or point of contact if a Collection Holder has queries.
- to assist interested parties and new applicants with the application process.
- to support National Collection Holders and monitor their Collections by visiting them every other year
- to encourage good communications between central office, collections and the local group
- to submit reports and attend meetings as required.
- to have a knowledge of the Threatened Plants Programme, Plant Exchange and Plant Guardian schemes