Collection Holders are invited to apply for a bursary of up to £400 once per year to help improve their National Plant Collections.
Applications have now closed for the 2021 Plant Heritage bursary.
Previous projects have been supported in the areas of:
- Horticultural training relevant to improving the Collection
- Capital projects to improve the collection
- Assistance with improving interpretation for visitors
- Professional photography of the Collection
- Assistance with research to further knowledge of the Collection
This bursary is now closed - applications will reopen in Winter 2021
There are many other sources of funding for horticulturalists and collection holders, covering activities including research, study, travel or gaining new skills
The RHS has a quarterly bursary, which can fund plant expeditions, study tours, voluntary work placements, taxonomic research and conference attendance. They also have bursaries to support botanic art and exhibitors at RHS flower shows. Check the RHS website for details.
The Chartered Institute of Horticulture maintain a compiled list of all the various grants available for horticulturalists - this includes regional grants, plant type specific funds and grants towards research or travel.