Overall objectives: to undertake administrative activities relating to current and new members; and to undertake administrative support tasks.
Place of work: in office
Hours: 14 hours a week (full time equivelant £22-24,000)
Area of responsibility
· to assist with the timely and efficient processing and updating of new and current membership records and annual renewals, on the CRM, from the website, telephone, or email. To help ensure monies received are logged, allocated and banked in a timely and accurate manner.
· to liaise with Group Membership secretaries as required.
· to assist with new membership recruitment.
· to adhere to Data Protection legislation for all membership records, electronic and paper (training provided).
· to maintain efficient paper and electronic filing systems, and to assist with data cleaning.
· to help maintain stocks of membership stationery and consumables, within budgets.
· to fulfil online orders for membership and books and process payments, including postal requirements.
· to support the documentation of donations in all forms on the CRM and support event administration, including payments, for national events and workshops as required.
· to help update group events and pages on the website.
· to assist in keeping group and conservation records up to date on the CRM.
· to help with the input of data for the annual Directory of National Plant Collections.
· to assist with other administration tasks as requested.
Education: A level education
o office administration work
o working with databases
o working with online financial transactions
o Experience with Microsoft Office (word, excel, email) and database work
o Good interpersonal skills
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Excellent attention to detail
o Ability to work under own initiative
o Good numeracy skills
o Good communicator
o Able to work effectively in a small team of staff and volunteers
o Flexible approach to changing priorities
o Appreciation of plants and conservation issues
o Understanding of voluntary membership organisations