Mellie Lewis holds a National Plant Collection of Aeonium in Shropshire. This collection is held in a private garden and conservatory and in a greenhouse over winter. Mellie won the public vote in our Threatened Plant of the Year 2020 competition with Aeonium 'Bronze Teacup'.
Find out about some of the fascinating 35 succulent plant species of Aeonium, also known as tree houseleeks, all with unusually glossy, waxy leaves arranged in rosettes.
Mellie is looking forward to giving you updates on her National Collection and its developments throughout the year.
You will receive
- a personalised certificate
- an introductory newsletter about the collection
- expert growing tips from the Collection Holder
- three newsletters a year about this National Collection
- our National Plant Collections Directory or Plant Heritage Journal
Your sponsorship will help us protect the diversity of our rich garden flora, so we can
- work with new collection holders to save plant groups missing from the National Plant Collection scheme
- work with gardeners to establish more dispersed National Plant Collections
- train more volunteers to help collection holders across the country
- create a comprehensive resource about the incredible plants in our National Collections
Find out more about the National Plant Collection scheme
Delivery will be within 10 days - please contact us if a gift is needed earlier.
Questions? Read the FAQs.