Follow Polypodium (ferns)
Julian Reed has a National Plant Collection of Polypodium (polypody fern) looked after in a private garden dedicated to ferns.
Polypodium means 'of many feet', and is an apt name for these hardy, evergreen and dry shade tolerant ferns.
Julian won an RHS Gold medal for his display of ferns at RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival in 2018, and has recently done a talk on ferns which sponsors will be able to access.
You will receive:
- a personalised certificate
- an introductory newsletter about the collection
- expert growing tips from the collection holder
- three newsletters a year about this National Collection
- our National Plant Collections Directory or Plant Heritage Journal
Your sponsorship will help us protect the diversity of our rich garden flora. We will be able to
- work with new collection holders to save plant groups missing from the National Plant Collection scheme
- provide more support to National Collection Holders through our bursary scheme
- train more volunteers to help collection holders across the country
- create a comprehensive resource about the incredible plants in our National Collections
Find out more about the National Plant Collection scheme
Delivery will be within 10 days - please contact us if a gift is needed earlier.
Questions? Read the FAQs.