Carole and Pete Whittaker hold a National Plant Collection of Monarda in Pembrokeshire, Wales. The collection is displayed in 2 polytunnels and exhibition beds with more Monarda planted in mixed perennial beds, within the 6 acre wildlife friendly garden at Glyn Bach Gardens.
Monarda are aromatic summer flowering herbaceous perennials or annuals, attractive to pollinators. They are long flowering and fully hardy, but not keen on wet winters. Commonly known as bergamot or bee balm.
The collection has featured on BBC Gardeners World and in a number of publications including RHS The Garden, Garden News and The English Garden. Carole and Pete are looking forward to keeping you up to date with developments in the collection.
You will receive:
- a personalised certificate
- an introductory newsletter about the collection
- expert growing tips from the collection holder
- three newsletters a year about this National Collection
- our National Plant Collections Directory or Plant Heritage Journal
Your sponsorship will help us protect the diversity of our rich garden flora. We will be able to
- work with new collection holders to save plant groups missing from the National Plant Collection scheme
- provide more support to National Collection Holders through our bursary scheme
- train more volunteers to help collection holders across the country
- create a comprehensive resource about the incredible plants in our National Collections a
Find out more about the National Plant Collection scheme
Delivery will be within 10 days - please contact us if a gift is needed earlier.
Questions? Read the FAQs.