Follow Lathyrus (Sweet Peas)
Roger Parsons has a National Plant Collection of Lathyrus in Sussex. This includes over 1300 varieties of sweet peas and all Lathyrus in cultivation. Most plants are grown in nursery rows in a polytunnel, some are annuals and some flower year after year.
Roger was awarded the Brickell Award for excellence in cultivated plant conservation in 2019, and is looking forward to keeping you up to date with developments in the collection.
You will receive:
- a personalised certificate
- an introductory newsletter about the collection
- expert growing tips from the collection holder
- three newsletters a year about this National Collection
- our National Plant Collections Directory or Plant Heritage Journal
Your sponsorship will help us protect the diversity of our rich garden flora. We will be able to
- work with new collection holders to save plant groups missing from the National Plant Collection scheme
- provide more support to National Collection Holders through our bursary scheme
- train more volunteers to help collection holders across the country
- create a comprehensive resource about the incredible plants in our National Collections
Find out more about the National Plant Collection scheme
Delivery will be within 10 days - please contact us if a gift is needed earlier.
Questions? Read the FAQs.