Follow Alcea (Hollyhocks)
Jonathan Sheppard has a new National Plant Collection of Alcea, held in Lincolnshire, and grown systematically in a grid system both in the ground and in containers.
Hollyhocks are a classic cottage garden plant with flowers on tall spikes through the summer.
Jonathan is looking forward to telling you how he has established this new collection and keeping you up to date with developments.
You will receive:
- a personalised certificate
- an introductory newsletter about the collection
- expert growing tips from the collection holder
- three newsletters a year about this National Collection
- our National Plant Collections Directory or Plant Heritage Journal
Your sponsorship will help us protect the diversity of our rich garden flora. We will be able to
- work with new collection holders to save plant groups missing from the National Plant Collection scheme
- provide more support to National Collection Holders through our bursary scheme
- train more volunteers to help collection holders across the country
- create a comprehensive resource about the incredible plants in our National Collections
Find out more about the National Plant Collection scheme
Delivery will be within 10 days - please contact us if a gift is needed earlier.
Questions? Read the FAQs.