Persephone is Plant Heritage's online horticultural database developed for recording the National Plant Collections.
Currently there are more than 170 full and prospective National Collections recorded on the system, and over 30,000 accessions. The Persephone project was highlighted in an article in the RHS's premier horticultural journal 'The Plantsman'.
Collection Holders who use other horticultural databases are invited to provide key collection data (.csv output) for inclusion on Persephone.
- Secure online system: can be used on any internet enabled device (eg. laptop, tablet or mobile phone) anywhere in the world
- Free to use by prospective and current Collection Holders
- Ability to share information with' interested others' via secure access
- Data regularly backed up
- Standard fields ensure that key data is recorded in a consistent way
- Other fields can be customised as need by the user
- Easy uploading of images and files
- GPS mapping facility
- Data importing can be managed by the Persephone Team
- Workshops and telephone training & support
Please watch these short videos to find out more:
We are indebted to Toby Ross for developing the Persephone database.
To find out about getting your data onto Persephone, please contact the admin team at email@example.com