The first ever virtual National Collection Holders' conference
'National Collections in a Changing World'
19th November 10.30-1.30
20th November 2-5pm
A mixture of talks, discussions and workshops about the National Plant Collections. Timings to be confirmed. Opening with Dr Tim Upson, Director of Horticulture at the RHS and chair of the PCC, and closing with Fergus Garrett of Great Dixter, on the role of gardens in maintaining biodiversity.
We also want to hear from collection holders and there will be space for short (5 minute) and longer (15 minute) talks about your collections. These can be delivered live, or as a video presentation.
FREE for National Collection holders
£20 for Plant Heritage members - limited places available
10.30-11.15am. Introduction and talk from Tim Upson
11.15-12.20pm. Collection holder talks
• Andy Bryce, Westonbirt Arboretum. 'Climate proofing plant collections'
• Sarah Cook - 5 years searching for pre-1960 Iris cultivars
• Sarah Millington - biodegradable pots
• Growing media and conservation
• Researching your collection
1.15pm. - lunchtime social and close.
2-2.30pm. Jassy Drakulic, RHS. Emerging plant pest and diseases
2.30-3.30pm. Collection holder talks
• Persephone plant recording database - where next?
• Promoting your National Plant Collection
4.15-5pm. Fergus Garrett - the role of gardens in maintaining biodiversity
5pm - round up and close